There are two types of infectious diseases caused by bacteria of the genus streptococcus entering the human body, one is acute tonsillitis, such as sepsis and pneumonia. The other is allergic diseases, such as acute glomerulonephritis and other streptococcus infections which are common human diseases that occur in all seasons.
Streptococcus disease is not only related to the decrease of human defense ability, the occurrence of abnormal reactions and the number of infected bacteria, but also closely related to the toxins and enzymes produced.
1. Had a history of upper respiratory tract or skin infection 2 to 3 weeks before the disease. If pharyngitis, tonsillitis, pustular sore.
2. Systemic manifestations include fatigue, anorexia, nausea, vomiting, backache and headache.
3. The color of hematuria and proteinuria is as deep as that of washing meat, light as that of a moderate amount of proteinuria.
4. The urine volume of oliguria and edema can be less than 400ml/d, the eyelid edema rises in the morning, the face is pale, showing a "nephritic face", which will affect the whole body when serious, and the indentation of early finger pressure is not obvious.
Transient mild to moderate hypertension.
6. Acute left heart failure, encephalopathy and acute renal failure may occur in the early stage of severe cases.
It is mainly based on the prevalence of Streptococcus infection, the contact history and characteristic clinical manifestations. Some can be diagnosed only according to their clinical manifestations, such as erysipelas; Some require a bacterial culture of the secretion and blood at the infected site. Detection of antigens such as bacterial toxins and enzymes that cause the production of relevant antibodies in patients, such as antistreptococcus hemolysin O, antistreptozyme and other serological examinations are very helpful in diagnosis.
Keep that bed rest in the acute period, give the food that is easy to digest, and take the infusion and the like for treatment if necessary. The most important is to give sufficient quantity of antibacterial medicine immediately, can choose penicillin, those who are allergic to penicillin can use erythromycin, lincomycin; High dose of penicillin or ampicillin is effective for neonatal meningitis. The course of treatment should not be less than 10 days, regardless of the type of medication used.
Chemtron biotech's at home strep test
will help you detect if you are infected with streptococcus. Learn more about the otc rapid strep test from chemtron biotech